Kjetil4455
Czytacz
Czytacz
Mój motocykl: XL600V

Want to buy XLV 600 PD10 engine

Post autor: Kjetil4455 »

Hello,

Happy new year!

I hope I can write in English; if not, I can translate.
Have been notified by a friendly polish transalp rider on Facebook that it’s possible to find second hand engines in Poland.

I bought an XLVW (1998, pd10) bike but it is using some oil and also has some ticking when it’s cold. I’m not sure if it’s the valve guides or the cylinder and piston rings that are worn. Since it’s using oil I doubt it’s only the timing chain.

I’m looking for offers on a replacement engine for my MC.

Thanks so much!
Regards from Norway
Kjetil4455
Czytacz
Czytacz

Re: Want to buy XLV 600 PD10 engine

Post autor: Kjetil4455 »

Cześć,

Szczęśliwego nowego roku!

Zostaliśmy powiadomieni przez sympatycznego polskiego jeźdźca Transalp na Facebooku, że w Polsce można znaleźć używane silniki.

Kupiłem rower XLVW (1998, pd10), ale zużywa trochę oleju, a także tyka, gdy jest zimny. Nie jestem pewien, czy zużyte są prowadnice zaworów, czy cylinder i pierścienie tłokowe. Ponieważ zużywa olej, wątpię, żeby to był tylko łańcuch rozrządu.

Szukam ofert na silnik zamienny do mojego MC.

Dzięki wielkie!
Pozdrowienia z Norwegii
Awatar użytkownika
wojtekk
oktany w żyłach
oktany w żyłach
Mój motocykl: nie mam już TA

Post autor: wojtekk »

I would recosider your idea: maybe fix the engine. While buying another one (not new one) the result maybe the same.
Były: Transalp 600, Super Tenere XTZ 750, Suzuki DR 650 SE. Jest: PamEla Anderson St1300 PanEuropean
Enduro się kulom nie kłania.
Paweł 71
dwusuwowy rider
dwusuwowy rider

Post autor: Paweł 71 »

I bought a 25/30km engine, which turned out to be scrap. The purchase is a roulette. I bought it from an old forum member as a sure thing, and yet... he has no friends in the business.
Awatar użytkownika
tomekpe
młody podróżnik
młody podróżnik
Mój motocykl: XL650V

Post autor: tomekpe »

You can get all parts from Japan, just the question of money and time. It is worth it though.
azure
osiedlowy kaskader
osiedlowy kaskader

Post autor: azure »

My colleagues said it well - consider an engine rebuild, it may be more expensive, it will take more time, but in the end it gives you the assurance that you have an engine in good condition.
Another thing is the cost, the prices where you live are higher than prices in PL, I mean the cost of labor and the cost of parts. So maybe my point of view is different and couldn't be wrong.

Another solution may be to buy a whole motorcycle only as a parts donor. In this case, you have the opportunity to test the engine (start and even ride).

Do you have the ability to transport the motorcycle on your own (for example from PL), or is only shipping involved?
Pozdrawiam,
mazi
http://www.yamahaxt.pl
Awatar użytkownika
wojtekk
oktany w żyłach
oktany w żyłach
Mój motocykl: nie mam już TA

Post autor: wojtekk »

By the way of transportation:

https://clicktrans.pl/

Here is a polish website (in Polish, sorry; but maybe you would find somebody Polish speaking person to help you out) which lowers costs of tranportation to Poland substantionally. Here labour costs might be lower and we could recommend you several places to do it for you.
Były: Transalp 600, Super Tenere XTZ 750, Suzuki DR 650 SE. Jest: PamEla Anderson St1300 PanEuropean
Enduro się kulom nie kłania.
ODPOWIEDZ